IMD business school is in Lausanne, Switzerland. It is one of the world’s premier business and management institutions. In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, it was ranked first in open programs worldwide by the Financial Times. The IMD offers one of the best MBA programs that helps develop technical competence, self-awareness and moral judgment. This helps to informs our choices of program content, teaching method and research agendas. IMD select the best group of 90 participants every year – experienced, mature and globally minded. And offer real-life, solid education recognized for its direct applicability and impact.
Every year, IMD supports about half of the MBA class by granting them scholarships or loans. The total amount of scholarships available each year is around CHF500,000 and CHF 1.3 million for loans.
IMD offers a variety of MBA scholarships and applicants may apply to several simultaneously, however only one scholarship can be awarded per candidate. Scholarships are granted subject to nomination by the scholarship selection committee, acceptance into the program and confirmation of your intention to participate in the program by paying the advance deposit of CHF 15,000.
In order to apply please ensure that you :
- Use the IMD MBA Scholarship Template to write your essays
- Complete the MBA Financial Aid Application Form (when requested) and submit your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org
All essays should reflect your personal point of view expressed in your own words, if necessary supported by proper citation. IMD reserves the right not to award a scholarship if the criteria are not met to the satisfaction of the jury/sponsors.
List of Scholarships
- MBA Class Scholarship for Emerging Markets – CHF 200’000 (to be split between the winners of the scholarship)
- Staton Scholarship (x 1) US$ 50,000
- IMD MBA Future Leaders Scholarships (x 3) CHF 30,000
- IMD MBA Alumni Scholarships (x 5) CHF 30,000
- Van Oord Scholarship (x 1) CHF 30,000
- Nestlé Scholarship for Women (x 1) CHF 25,000
- Jim Ellert Scholarship (x 1) CHF 20,000
- Stewart Hamilton Scholarship (x 1) CHF 20,000
- IMD MBA Merit Scholarships (x 5) CHF 10,000
Its worth noting that each of these scholarships mentioned above has its qualifying criteria that must be met to qualify. For detailed information on each scholarship click here.
Course Level: Masters Level
Scholarship can be taken at: International Institute for Management Development (IMD), Lausanne, Switzerland
Study Major(s): Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
Scholarship for International Students: Yes
Scholarship benefits: Depending on the qualified scholarship
Scholarship Provider: International Institute for Management Development (IMD), Lausanne, Switzerland
Sponsorship duration: This is a onetime financial award
How to apply:
Prerequisite qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- GMAT (80% of our MBA participants score between 620 and 750)
- A minimum of three years full-time work experience
- A strong command of written and spoken English
- At least one language in addition to English
Closing date: The deadline to apply for any scholarship is September 30.