The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course.
Shell University Scholarship programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians. Launched in 1960, this post-secondary scheme is open to all Nigerians studying degree programmes in Nigerian universities. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve skills-base among young Nigerians. SPDC is the operator of the NNPC/SHELL/TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
- National Merit Award (NM) Open to all Nigerians.
- Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE) For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas).
- Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW) For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Bayelsa (i.e. of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas) and Delta States.
Basic Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for a Shell SPDC University Scholarship Scholarship you must:
- Be citizens of Nigeria
- currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2013/2014 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
- Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
Scholarship Provider: SPDC Joint Venture
Scholarship can be taken at: All accredited and approved University in Nigeria
Study Major(s): Any undergraduate field
Duration: For the complete duration of the successful applicant’s course
Course Level: To pursue undergraduate level programs
Scholarship Cover: Opportunity to study with an annual grant for the full duration of your course.
How to apply:
1. All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
2. Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online, and to provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
3. Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW). The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Sustainable Development (UIO/G/NRS), Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
Document size must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be JPG.
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is FREE of charge.
- Shell does not assign ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
- Applications should be submitted online before 18th of September 2015.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
Scholarship for International Students: No (NIGERIANS ONLY)