Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, data scientists not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Google is offering Statistician/Quantitative Analyst, Software Engineering internship for the year 2016. Interns must have MS degree in Computer Science or Statistics and PhD in Computer Science or Statistics and also 2 years of experience in data analysis or related field. International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Field of Internship: Google Software Engineering Internship is provided in the field of Product & Customer Support.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Google
Internship can be taken at: USA (Seattle, WA, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Mountain View, CA).
Basic Eligibility: Minimum qualifications
- MS degree in Computer Science or Statistics.
- 2 years of experience in data analysis or related field.
- Experience with statistical software (R, S-Plus, SAS, or similar).
- Experience with databases and scripting languages (such as Python).
- PhD in Computer Science or Statistics
- 1 year of relevant work experience (i.e., data scientist role), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods.
- Experience using technology to work efficiently with datasets such as scripting, Python, statistical software packages (R, S-Plus, SAS or similar) and Unix/Linux experience.
- Experience with Survey Sampling.
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Internship Description: As a Statistician / Quantitative Analyst, you will evaluate and improve Google’s products, such as Ads and Search. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and analysts on a wide range of problems. This position will bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of measuring Search and Ads quality, improving consumer products, and understanding the behavior of end-users, advertisers, and publishers.
Is this paid internship? Yes
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Contact Employer