East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is a state-supported regional university, primarily undergraduate, an accredited American university with the main campus located in Johnson City, Tennessee. It is part of the Tennessee Board of Regents system of colleges and universities, the nation’s sixth largest system of public education, and is the fourth largest university in the state of Tennessee. ETSU has off-campus centers in nearby Kingsport and Elizabethton.
East Tennessee State University is offering International Merit Scholarship. The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered. The scholarship award can only be used for study at ETSU.
Study Major(s): Candidates must choose a undergraduate or Master’s programme from among those offered by the ETSU.
Course Level: This Scholarship is awarded to pursue a graduate or undergraduate degree.
Scholarship can be taken at: USA
Scholarship for International Students: Yes, this scholarship is available to international students.
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
Applicants for the Academic Merit Scholarship Must:
- Students must first submit an application for admission before they can apply for scholarship. Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to ETSU; however a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. ( Undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship as soon as they apply for admission to ETSU.
Students who are NOT eligible:
- Students continuing from an ETSU bachelor’s degree program to a second ETSU bachelor’s degree program
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and Pharm. D. programs
Number of award(s): Unknown
Duration of award(s):
The award is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program (see ETSU graduate catalog).
- Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
How to Apply:
Students must apply for admission to ETSU before applying for the scholarship. Once an admissions application is submitted, the student may then apply for the scholarship. A student’s scholarship application will be reviewed once the student is admitted to the university. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
For questions contact Ben Shupe: email@example.com
East Tennessee State University
The Honors College
International Programs and Services
P.O. Box 70668
Johnson City, TN 37614 USA
Closing Date: Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, need to be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall semester deadline: no later than July 1st
- Spring semester deadline: no later than October 1st