Beijing Government is pleased to offer scholarships for international students in 2016-2017 academic session. Scholarships will be awarded to undertake doctoral, masters, undergraduate, senior scholar program, long term language program and exchange programs.
The Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS) was established by Beijing Municipal Government, aiming to provide tuition fees fully or partially to the international students studying or applying for studying in Beijing.
eBeijing is authorized by the Beijing Municipal Government and organized jointly by the Foreign Affairs Office of the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality and the Beijing Network Information Industry Office. The website aims to strengthen the exchanges, cooperation and friendship between Beijing and the rest of the world through the internet in English.
Applicants should not be awardees of Chinese government scholarships at the same time. They should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions. General English language requirements for English-instructed programs and Chinese-instructed programs are different.
Study Major(s): Scholarships are offered over different departments across the university, all offering a diverse range of courses.
Course Level: Scholarships will be awarded to undertake doctoral, masters, undergraduate, senior scholar program and long term language program and exchange program.
Scholarship can be taken at: Beijing (China)
Scholarship for International Students: Yes. International students can apply for these scholarships.
Basic Eligibility Requirements: Scholarships will be awarded to undertake doctoral, masters, undergraduate, senior scholar program and long term language program and exchange program. To be eligible to apply:
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for general scholar program must have bachelor’s degree or completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants for long term language studies must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
- Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above or hold academic title of associate professor or above and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions.
- Applicants should not be awardees of Chinese government scholarships at the same time.
Number of award(s): Unknown
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health. They should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: General Chinese Language requirements for application to Chinese-instructed program
- Old HSK6 (or new HSK5)or above is required for application of liberal arts, economics and management majored students.
- Old HSK3 (or new HSK4) or above is required for application of science, engineering and medical science majored students.
- For details please refer to requirements published by the university.
General English language requirements for application to English-instructed programs:
- Free English Language testing for students from English speaking countries.
- Free English Language testing for students from countries in which English is the major teaching language on condition that the relevant proof documents were provided.
- TOEFL 550, IELTS 5.5 or Pass University’s entrance examination.
- For details please refer to requirements published by the university
Duration of award(s): Depending on the duration of studies.
Supporting Material: The applicants must fill in and submit the following documents truly, correctly and completely:
- Application Form for Beijing Government Scholarship (Applicants shall obtain the form from the Higher Education Institutions or download the form from the website of the targeted HEIs).
- Notarized highest diploma and transcripts.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form should be provided if the duration of study is six months or above.
- Study plan (no less than 400 words) or research plan (no less than 800 words) in Chinese or English should be submitted for degree or research students.
- Applicants for music and art are requested to submit the applicants’ own works according to the requirements of the target HEIs.
- Applicants under 18 should provide legal documents of their legal guardians in China.
- Please note that application documents will not be returned.
Scholarship Cover: The Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for international students only covers tuition fees, and it falls into the following five categories:
- 40,000 RMB/year for a Doctoral degree
- 30,000 RMB/year for a Masters degree
- 20,000 RMB/year/ for a Bachelor degree
- 10,000 RMB/year for Senior scholars and long term language student scholarship
- Scholarship for exchange student (long-term or credit transferrable students) and student who make special contributions to international exchange and cooperation in the capital area: 5,000 RMB/person/year.
How to Apply: All applicants can apply to the relevant schools, the Chinese Embassy, or consulate general in their home countries.
Closing Date: The time to apply is between the beginning of January and the beginning of April.