Over 170 international scholarships are open for one year to M1 or M2-level students. These scholarships are available for prospective students commencing for master’s (nationally-certified degree) programs for the 2016-2017.
The University of Paris-Saclay would like to promote access to its master’s (nationally-certified degree) programs to international students, taught in its member establishments, and to make it easier for highly-qualified foreign students to attend its University especially those wishing to develop an academic project through research up to the doctoral level. University of Paris-Saclay is developing a strategy of international university cooperation, based on the quality of education provided by its members and research teams, which boast the highest international standards.
Study Major(s): Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
List of Subject: Scholarships applies to all disciplines at the university.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for master’s (nationally-certified degree) programs.
Scholarship can be taken at: France
Scholarship for International Students: Yes, International students can apply for these scholarships.
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- Newcomer international students, maximum 30 years old the year of acceptance. Foreign students living in France less than one year, taking language classes not eligible for a degree (type FLE).
- Studies cannot be suspended more than two years
- The scholarship cannot be cumulated with any other type of scholarship whose amount exceeds 600€/month.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students wishing to obtain a master’s degree in one of Paris-Saclay University’s member establishments (entering an M1 or an M2 directly) can apply.
French Language Requirements: Very few program are taught in English. They highly recommend that applicants for French degrees have attained level B1 in French as a minimum. However, no language certificate is required.
Supporting Material: After having completed the online form, the person responsible for the master’s program must add the following documents:
- The application completed by the candidate and signed by the person responsible for the master’s program and the person responsible for the establishment’s International Relations Division
- The student’s complete resume
- The motivation letter
- The recommendation letter
- The list of courses taken in the last two years
- The grades of the last two years and the current year
- The student’s rating (if possible)
- Photocopy of the student’s passport
Number of award(s): 170 scholarships
Duration of award(s): Duration of program
- The University of Paris-Saclay scholarship is 10,000€ per year. It is paid by the establishment the candidate is registered in for the duration of the academic year, and for a period of no less than 10 consecutive months per year.
- A maximum of 1,000€ for travel and VISA expenses is also awarded depending on the candidate’s country of origin.
Selection Criteria: Candidates for the international master’s scholarship program of Université Paris-Saclay will be selected by the admission panel of Université Paris-Saclay master’s program.
Notification: Only the students contacted by email can submit an application. No unsolicited application is allowed.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Application for the scholarship program:
Step 1: Selected students automatically receive by email a link to the online application form they must fill in.
Step 2: Upon receipt of this email, the student has 8 days to complete and validate the application form and to provide the names of two referents.
Step 3: The two referents provided by the candidate each receive an email with a link to an online recommendation form. They have 8 days to complete and validate this form online. The candidate is automatically informed when each form has been validated. It is the candidate’s responsibility to make sure each referent has validated the recommendation forms on time.
Step 4: The file is considered complete when the two recommendation forms have been validated. Important: the candidate will not receive a message stipulating that his file is complete.
Step 5: The final decision is the responsabily of a panel of experts of University of Paris-Saclay. The candidates admitted into the scholarship program will be informed by email 48 hours after the meeting of the jury. When the student receives the confirmation email, he/she will have 8 days to accept or refuse the scholarship. If the student fails to respond within this timeframe, he/she will be considered as having refused the scholarship.
Important: being admitted into a master’s program does not automatically entitle the student to a scholarship. The final decision is the responsibility of a panel of experts from Université Paris-Saclay.
Closing Date: The deadline for application is 29th February 2016.