David Oyedepo Foundation is offering full tuition scholarship for African students to study at the Covenant University and Landmark University. Scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate program.
The David Oyedepo Foundation is a non-profit organization that seeks to improve the standards of living for humanity especially Africa. The foundation seek to raise platforms of aid that would bring relief and succor to the troubled parts of Africa; individuals committed to revolutionizing the continent through indigenous and innovative solutions to the continent’s greatest issues and contribute in no small way to the rebuilding of systems and policies that would contribute to the continent’s growth and advancement.
The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is the major platform for promoting university’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards grants to qualified individuals who are indigenous and residents of African countries and have been offered admission to specific universities in Nigeria.
English language proficiency is required for participation in the scholarship program. All activities and communication would be done in English without the opportunity for translation.
Scholarship Provider: The David Oyedepo Foundation
Study Major(s): Scholarship is awarded to learn candidates who can apply to their choice course of study.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate program at the Covenant University and Landmark University.
Scholarship can be taken at: Nigeria
Scholarship for International Students: Yes. Scholarship program is open to Young Africans (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
Basic Eligibility Requirements: The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
-At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
-80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
-Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
- Note: The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified universities; all admission to the university is to be secured independently by going through the university’s admission process. Hence, award of the scholarship is conditional on university admission. Applicants not meeting the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible applicants must have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by: At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only) and 80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript.
English language Requirements: English language proficiency is required for participation in the Scholarship program. All activities and communication would be done in English without the opportunity for translation. Please fill in the portion of the application evaluating your language skills as accurately as possible.
Supporting Material: In addition to the application for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:-
- Insert Primary School Name, Certificate obtained e.g. (primary school leaving certificate etc.), duration (mm/yy – mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate nil if you did not complete education at the school indicated.
- Add New for multiple schools attended at primary/basic level
- Insert Secondary/High School Name, Certificate obtained e.g. (junior/senior school leaving certificate, High school diploma etc.), Duration (mm/yy – mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate nil if you did not complete your education at the school indicated. o Add New for multiple schools attended at secondary level until graduation.
- Insert Post-Secondary Institution Name (e.g. A’level, Technical college, University), Certificate obtained e.g. (A levels, BSc, Diploma etc.), Duration (mm/yy – mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate nil if you did not complete your education at the school indicated.
- Insert proposed university of study and proposed course of study. Remember that the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program is specific at this time to only Covenant and Landmark University. It is also course specific; hence you would have the option of only choosing from the available options.
- For the exam results section, the name of the Nationally Recognized O’level exams should be inserted including the date the exam was taken. (This exam varies for different countries).
- All subjects taken should be captures in the exam results section along with corresponding grades o Combination of two different certificate exams is not permitted
- JAMB result is specific to only Nigerian Applicants. All Nigerian applicants must insert JAMB result for application to be considered.
Number of award(s): Unknown
Duration of award(s): 5 years.
Scholarship Cover: Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 years. (In accordance to the university stipulated time for duration of chosen course). The scholarship does not cover; Travel allowances; Feeding allowances; Medical/Health Insurance or allowance; any other fees outside university generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
Selection Criteria: The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent, merit based open competition.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Closing Date: The application deadline is March 31, 2016.