Over ten Undergraduate Merit Scholarships are available at National University of Ireland for the academic year 2016-2017. These scholarships cover partial tuition fee for non-EU students. National University of Ireland, Galway is committed to attracting high calibre students from around the world. The university offers a range of merit based partial tuition fee waivers to eligible students from a number of priority countries
NUI Galway is the largest and oldest university in the West of Ireland and is ranked among the Top 2% of universities in the world and recognized as being one of the best universities for their international outlook. All applicants, whose first language is not English, must present IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson PTE scores.
Scholarship Provider: National Univeristy of Ireland, Galway
Study Major(s): Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
List of Subjects: Multiple Subjects
Scholarship can be taken at: Ireland
Scholarship for International Students: Yes, International (non-EU) students can apply for this scholarship.
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be categorized as non-EU for tuition fee purposes
- Applicants must hold an offer from NUI Galway;
- Successful candidates will be selected on merit and the strength of the personal statement;
- These scholarships are not eligible to be combined with any other tuition scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: In order to apply for the Undergraduate Merit Scholarship; applicants must already be in receipt of an offer of a place on an Undergraduate Programme from National University of Ireland, Galway.
Test Requirement: SAT and/or ACT scorecard (US Applicants). The NUI Galway SAT code is 5878. The NUI Galway ACT code is 5351.
English Language Requirement: All applicants, whose first language is not English, must present one of the following qualifications in the English language.
Pearson PTE- 88
Supporting Material: In addition, applicants should submit the following documents:
- The completed Non-EU Undergraduate Application Form
- Original or certified copies of school transcripts/examination certificates (or forecast results if available). Where an applicant has not yet completed Secondary School (High School), the most recent transcript should be submitted.
- SAT and/or ACT scorecard (US Applicants). The NUI Galway SAT code is 5878. The NUI Galway ACT code is 5351.
- A certified true copy of applicants Birth Certificate or Passport
- Two sealed Letters of Recommendation, ideally from a teacher and/guidance counsellor or someone who knows applicants personally.
- IELTS or TOEFL certificate, in the case of applicants whose first language is not English.
- a personal statement (MS Word, 1,000 words maximum) should cover the following point: The applicant’s interest in studying in Ireland and in National University of Ireland, Galway and how the applicant would see themselves as an ambassador for NUI Galway when they come to study here.
Number of award(s): Over 10
Scholarship Cover: National Univeristy of Ireland, Galway will be offering partial tuition fee waivers in the sum of €2,750 to first year fees only.
Selection Criteria: Successful candidates will be selected on merit and the strength of the personal statement.
How to Apply: Please submit complete application by mail and Once you have received an offer you can then apply for the above scholarship; by e-mailing InternationalAdmissions@nuigalway.ie , after 1st April 2016.
National University of Ireland
T. +353 91 524411
Closing Date: The closing date for application is 1st April, 2016.