National Taiwan University is inviting applications for International Master’s Scholarship for the academic year 2016-2017. The scholarship is offered to international students of Asia, West Asia, Africa, Caribbean Central South America and Europe in Agricultural Economics.
National Taiwan University is the best university in Taiwan and is ranked 22nd in Asia, 70th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2015/16). In 2007, they initiated international master’s Program in Agricultural Economics, a master’s program designed entirely in English, and have honored graduates from all over the world.
The International Cooperation and Development Fund (TaiwanICDF) aims to assist international students who require financial assistance with scholarships. Applicants from counties where English is not the official language or those who have completed their bachelor’s degree at a non-English speaking academic institution, is required to take TOEFL or provide English-proficiency verification.
Scholarship Provider: The International Cooperation and Development Fund (TaiwanICDF)
Study Major(s): Scholarship is awarded in the field of Agricultural Economics.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue master’s program.
Scholarship can be taken at: Taiwan
List of Subjects: Agricultural Economics
Scholarship for International Students: Yes, Students of Asia Pacific (Fiji, India, Indonesia, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Myanmar, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Tuvalu, Vietnam),West Asia (Jordan, Mongolia, Russia and Turkey), Africa, (Burkina Faso, Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, South Africa and Swaziland), Caribbean (Dominican Republic, Haiti, Saint Christopher (St. Kitts) and Nevis St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines), Central America (Belize, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua and Panama ) South America (Argentina Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay), Europe (Bosnia and Herzegovina Latvia and Kosovo) can apply for this scholarship.
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in fields related to Agricultural Economics at foreign universities and colleges approved by the Taiwan Ministry of Education.
- Applicants are expected to be equipped with basic calculus and mathematics concepts, also applicants should have Economics and Statistics prerequisite (Transcript should include Economics and Statistics).
- Applicants from counties where English is not the official language or those who have completed their bachelor’s degree at a non-English speaking academic institution, is required to take TOEFL or provide English-proficiency verification.
- Airfare: The TaiwanICDF arranges economy class, return tickets for the most-direct flights to and from Taiwan.
- Housing: All students must reside in student dormitories.
- Tuition fees: The TaiwanICDF covers tuition fees as required by a student’s university.
- Credit fees: Credit fees, which vary with the number of credits registered, are also covered as required by a student’s university.
- Insurance: In addition to the mandatory student safety insurance set by the Ministry of Education, each student must be insured for accident and medical coverage while in Taiwan. The TaiwanICDF covers insurance fees for the entire duration of a student’s program.
- Textbook costs: The costs of textbooks purchased as required by instructors are covered by the TaiwanICDF, subject to the approval of the director of the student’s institute.
- Allowance: Each student receives NT$15,000 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. This is deposited into a student’s local bank account on a monthly basis.
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in fields related to Agricultural Economics at foreign universities and colleges approved by the Taiwan Ministry of Education.
Test Requirement [SAT, GRE, GMAT]: N/A
English Language Requirement:
- English proficiency certificate/proof (no specific level)
- Not required for applicants from English-speaking countries
Supporting Material: The application documents are:
- Highest degree’s graduation certificate
- Highest degree’s full transcript of records (including explanation of grading system)
- Receipt of the application fee payment
- Declaration and Authorization Form
- Financial statement
- Passport (if applicable)
- Taiwan Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) (if applicable)
- Language proficiency certificate (please refer to the “Language proficiency”)
- Recommendation letter x 2
- Study plan
How to Apply: Applicants need to apply for both university and Taiwan ICDF scholarship.
Closing Date: The deadline to apply for National Taiwan University is March 3, 2016 and deadline to apply for Taiwan ICDF Scholarship is March 18, 2016.