Full-fully funded PhD scholarships are available for Turkish and international students at the Koç University. There is no separate application process to be awarded these scholarships as they are offered alongside an unconditional admission offer from the relevant Graduate School.
Especially those who have a career in mind in the Academia and in the R&D industry should definetely pursue a PhD in the field they are interested in. If applicant’s native language is not English they must provide official TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Course Level: Scholarships are awarded for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available for qualified students in all the Graduate Schools.
List of Subjects: Sciences, Engineering, Social Sciences, Business and Health Sciences.
Scholarship Award: Students who are given an offer of admission to a PhD program (both Turkish and international) receive the following support:
- Full annual tuition exemption
- Monthly living stipend (exact amount varies based on different factors)
- Accommodation in shared graduate student apartments near campus OR monthly housing allowance
- Meal card
- Private health insurance
- Office space and laptop computer
- Coverage of thesis related expenses (including costs of attendance to approved conferences)
Scholarship can be taken at: Turkey
- Applicant must have received an admission offer to receive the scholarship.
- Interested students should desire an academic position at a top university or industry, and possess the motivation and ability to attain this goal. Admitted applicants typically have high GPAs and test scores, undergraduate degrees in a related field and research experience.
- Applicant can apply to PhD programs with their bachelor degree, however, the duration of the program will be 5 years instead of 4 years. This is valid for all nationalities except for applicants from Iran.
Nationality: Both Turkish and international applicants can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: University doesn’t announce a minimum GPA. Since GPA is not the only indicator of academic achievement, evaluations are based on other issues as well. However, high GPA increases applicant’s chances of acceptance.
Test Requirement: Due to Turkish Higher Education (YÖK) regulations, one can not apply with an ALES score lower than 70 (GRE lower than 153) for PhD Applications. Students applying directly to PhD with only a BA degree should have minimum ALES 80 / GRE 156 The code is 0163 for GMAT and TOEFL, and 0668 for the GRE.
English Language Requirement: If applicant has completed their undergraduate or master’s degree at an English medium institution but their native language is not English, so they still need to provide the official TOEFL or IELTS scores. If they don’t have their scores when they submit their application they can indicate the date when they have registered to take the exam. Once applicant receive the results they can send them to the relevant Graduate School.
Minimum scores: TOEFL 80 IBT and IELTS 6.5
Supporting Material: Before starting their online application make sure applicant have collected the following required documents:
-Transcripts (including the grading system of institution) and GPA
-English language proficiency test results
-GRE test scores
How to Apply: There is no separate application process for PhD scholarships. As a candidate applicant simply apply to their program(s) of choice and if they receive an admission offer they will receive the scholarship. For admission, all applications should be submitted online via Gradapp
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is July 1, 2016.