Applications are invited for DairyNZ Scholarships to undertake an agriculture or agricultural-related degree at Massey University, Lincoln University and the University of Waikato. Students of New Zealand can apply for these scholarships.
DairyNZ’s aim is to examine the impact of the division between further and higher education on strategies to widen participation in undergraduate education.
DairyNZ’s job is to support on-farm change, create on-farm opportunities, build capability and mitigate risk to achieve the industry’s strategic objectives. This is being done through research, development, engagement and leadership.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate degree program at Massey University, Lincoln University and The University of Waikato.
Study Subject: The scholarships assist students meeting the costs of university study at Lincoln, Massey and Waikato Universities. All have a wide range of undergraduate degrees in dairy-related areas.
List of Subjects:
- Lincoln University: Bachelor of Agriculture; Bachelor of Agricultural Science; Bachelor of Commerce (Agriculture); Bachelor of Commerce (Production Management, Rural Finance); Bachelor of Environmental Policy and Planning and Bachelor of Environmental Management and Planning; Bachelor of Science (Majors in Agritech, Bio-security and Bio-protection, Conservation and Ecology, Food Science and Land, Water, Environment)
- Massey University: Bachelor of AgriScience – Agriculture; Bachelor of AgriCommerce; Bachelor of Science – Agricultural Science or Animal Science or Environmental Science; Bachelor of Business Studies in Agribusiness; Bachelor of Applied Economics in Agricultural Economics
- The University of Waikato: Bachelor of Engineering (Honours); Bachelor of Science; Bachelor of Science (Technology); Bachelor of Business Analysis (Agribusiness); Bachelor of Management Studies (Abribusiness). Please note: Veterinary Science, Veterinary Technology, Food Science and Food Technology degree programmes are not eligible for DairyNZ Scholarships.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship is tenable for up to four years and pays the full, formal annual tuition fees – up to a maximum of $6325 per year.
Scholarship can be taken at: New Zealand
Eligibility: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this Scholarship:-
- Applicants need to have NCEA Level 3 or better and be either a New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident. The scholarship is tenable up to four years and pays the full, formal annual tuition fees – up to a maximum of $6325 per year.
- Students need to be registered in a full-time course at either Lincoln University, Massey University or The University of Waikato by 31 March in the year of the award and satisfactorily complete course work in each year preceding re-application.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the recommendation of a Dairy Industry Scholarships Selection Committee comprising representatives from the New Zealand dairy industry, Lincoln, Massey and Waikato Universities.
Nationality: Students from New Zealand can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants need to have NCEA Level 3 or better and be either a New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident.
Supporting Material: Please include as many of the following items as are applicable to you:
- University results to date (applies to applicants attending university
- New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Residence
- To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be either a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident. Please provide evidence of your status.
- Please attach a written presentation that outlines your proposed future (and any present) involvement with the New Zealand Dairy Industry (500 words maximum).
- Please attach a written presentation that demonstrates your leadership skills and/or your involvement with community, sports or other activities (500 words maximum).
- Please supply one testimonial or reference from your school or university to support your application.
- Please write a covering letter explaining your reasons for applying
for this scholarship.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent by post.
Application Deadline: The closing date for 2017 applications is 7th December 2016.