A PhD research fellow position is available in Semiconductor Physics at University of Oslo. This is awarded to Norwegian and foreign applicants at Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology and Department of Physics, University of Oslo.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and postdoctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English must document their proficiency in English.
Course Level: Fellowship is provided for PhD programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is tenable in Semiconductor Physics at University of Oslo.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship will compromise: Pay grade: 50 – 57 (NOK 430 500 – 483 700 per year) Position code 1017.
Scholarship can be taken at: Norway
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Physics, materials science or similar, at least by 1st of August 2016.
- A good understanding of semiconductor physics is required.
- Candidates with both experimental and theoretical/modelling experience are welcome.
- A background in opto-electronic characterization techniques, such as FTIR, PL, DLTS or similar, is an advantage.
- The work will focus on characterization of oxygen-related complexes in silicon.
- A good command of English is required, while speaking Norwegian or another Scandinavian language is an advantage.
Nationality: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Physics, materials science or similar, at least by 1st of August 2016.
Test Requirement: Not Required
English Language Requirements: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognized tests:
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS – International English Language Testing Service
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge
- Applicants to the programme for the PhD degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test, or a minimum score of 6.5 from the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
Supporting Material: The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation -List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 2 May, 2016.