Monash South Africa is offering scholarships for South African and international students. These scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programmme.
Monash scholarships provide learning opportunities for the highest achieving students, as well as those experiencing some form of disadvantage (financial hardship). Scholarships are offered to students to encourage and reward academic excellence in previous studies.
Monash South Africa Limited incorporated in Australia External Profit Company is registered with the Department of Education as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act of 1997.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programmme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study all the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Total value of up to R60,700
- Full or partial tuition fee for a full-time study load (48 credit points), for the specific year of application and approval of award.
- Exposure to the working environment – you will have first preference for Department work placements during peak periods.
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Monash South Africa scholarships applicants must:
- Be enrolled or have received an offer to enroll as a full-time student at Monash South Africa in an undergraduate course of study leading to a higher education award;
- Not be a recipient of any other financial support award;
- Be studying Year 12 or equivalent (South Africa citizen) or be studying in the final year of secondary school or equivalent (international); or
- Be a current Monash South Africa student and have completed a minimum of one semester of study at Monash South Africa.
Nationality: Monash South Africa scholarships are available to South African and international students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must maintain a GPA of 3.3 or above each semester.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement:
For South African students-
South African National Senior Certificate (NSC)
- a minimum score of 4 (50-59%)
- South African Senior Certificate (SAFCERT)
- a pass in an examination equivalent to English at the higher grade (first or second language)
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- a minimum score of 6.5 (no band lower than 6)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Paper based – a score of 550 or more, with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 4.5 or more.
- Internet based – at least 79 overall, 21 for writing, 12 for listening, 13 for reading, 18 for speaking
For International students: a pass in English at A level, O level, minimum of a C, International Baccalaureate or equivalent.
How to Apply: To be eligible for scholarships, applicants must first be accepted into their course at Monash South Africa. Applicants should then:
- Complete the Application for Monash South Africa Scholarship form (pdf, 73kb) – you can also obtain the form from the Student Services Centre
- Submit their application, along with any relevant documentation, by 15 November for Semester One and 30 April for Semester Two.
Application Deadline: The closing date for applications is as follows: Semester One Intake: 15 November 2016 Semester Two Intake: 30 April 2017.