Curtin University strives to give high achieving students around the world the opportunity to pursue their ambitions and gain a world-class education.
Curtin University acknowledges the importance of being one of Australia’s most multicultural university campuses and this scholarship aims to grow the trust and confidence in Curtin University as a place for students to further their studies, careers and life experiences.
This scholarship provides eligible students 25% of their first year tuition fee, up to a maximum of AUD$10,000.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programme at the Curtin University.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields within the faculty Health Sciences, Curtin Business School, Science & Engineering, Humanities to help students in upgrading their education.
Scholarship Award: This scholarship provides eligible students 25% of their first year tuition fee, up to a maximum of AUD$10,000.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: This scholarship is only for:
- International, full fee-paying, non-sponsored students
- Students commencing studies at Curtin’s Western Australia campuses in 2017
- Students commencing a full Curtin undergraduate or master by coursework program
Please note that this scholarship:
- Is not available to Australian citizens
- Is not for students granted CRL (Credit for Recognised Learning) for any part of their studies
- Covers a maximum of 25% of the first-year tuition fee up to a MAXIMUM of 200 credit points only
- Only covers tuition fees and does not cover any other international student expense
- Will be credited to recipient’s fee account at commencement of studies and cannot be accessed by them
- Will not be extended beyond its prescribed duration or amount unless notified otherwise by Curtin
- Can be revoked at the discretion of Curtin if recipient already has a scholarship or sponsorship
- Can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified
- Cannot be retained if a recipient defers their studies beyond a 2017 start date
- Cannot be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university
Additional note for master (coursework) students:
- Can only be applied in full to master degrees of 400 credit points
- Will only amount to 25% of the first semester tuition fee for master degrees of less than 400 credit points
Nationality: Citizens of Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Kenya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Students are invited to apply as normal for their chosen undergraduate or master program through any one of Curtin University registered education agents or Students can also apply online. All qualifying applications to Curtin are automatically assessed for the Curtin International Merit Scholarship. No separate scholarship application is required. Admissions Office will assess each application accordingly and issue a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether the applicant has been successful.
To accept the scholarship, the recipient must:
- Meet any conditions listed in their Letter of Offer
- Have met or exceeded the higher academic cut-off specified by Curtin, specific to this scholarship.
- Pay the indicative deposit and OSHC indicated in their Letter of Offer
- Be aware of the dates and deadlines by which the above need to have been completed
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 10 February 2017.